Hidden Weekly: Edition Nine

Here's my critique -

Page 1 - The date at the bottom looks out of place compared to the font of the text above it.

Page 2 - That font should have a black outline so that it's easier to read. I remember there being an announcement about a HD place that opened recently, (which I think is displayed as the background image on this page.) but there was no mention of it anywhere.

Page 3 - I think the names should be listed in some order, if it isn't already. Either alphabetically, or by their role in the group. The blue shape doesn't extend all the way to the left of the page, so there is a thin white outline where there shouldn't be. I think it is because the page is slightly larger than the other pages.

Page 4 - Same as page two. This page is slightly smaller than the first two "standard size" pages.

Page 5 - I feel like an interview or some more information should be included to go along with the displayed works. Why was the work created? How long did it take? Did the creator learn anything new, or overcome any challenges while creating it? There also seems to be some inconsistency with the colors and fonts of the text, an example of which can be seen on this page. The "Made by Bluefuzo" text is thicker than the rest, and a different font. This page is slightly larger than some other pages.

Overall, there seems to be a lack of content, and I end up waiting a week for something that takes half a minute to finish looking over. This isn't meant to be disrespectful to the people who worked on the blog, or to demean their work, as I appreciate them and the time and effort they put into it very much. I only feel there are some aspects that could be improved upon in the future to both improve the look and feel of the final product.

Page 2 text is very hard to read.

Page 3 could have used some more history instead of one history.

Page 4 is almost line page 2 and also that one text that says "Made by Bluezo"

Page 5 just credits, I was expecting more from it.

Overall not a bad start but it seems a little rushed in my opinion. You guys could have planned this earlier and take more time on this weekly. The organization is pretty bland and had lots of open spaces. There wasn't much detail when on Page 5 shows the best creations, all it showed was the title and picture.

http://prntscr.com/hfha90  (Here's an example of what a page should look like in the future)

@2Hex and @Fourpapa1, I am speaking on behalf of all the Blog Staff, we do appreciate your guys suggestions and we will try to take them and implement them into the blog. As this was the first blog post done by the new writers and artists, we must expect some things wrong to occur. We will work on them this week and try to fix the problems. 

Guest Tengo

I was fairly disappointed with this issue. I read all 9 issues and I didn´t have a problem reading every issue except this current issue.

Critic:

Page 1 | The text size for ¨Edition XIX¨ is hard to see and the placement for the date is

Page 2 | The text color size doesn´t work well with the background. Also, Thursday needs to be capitalized. Also curious about who is currently talking in the magazine.

Page 3 | Color coding is unnecessary instead, you could have organized it into 2 roles. Also, Page 3 and Page 2 needs to switch. Introduction comes first then announcements

Page 4 | Again color text vs background needs work. Also, grammatical error on ¨enjoyed youself¨

Page 5 | Creation of the Week seems rushed in my opinion. All there is on the page is a copy and paste of 3 pictures and poor usage of text color. I would like it if they give more detail about the picture that´s given to the source.

Page 6 |  Text isn´t adjusted right and organization needs to be worked on a little. I would also like if the announcement from page 2 can go on page 6 also.

Although they just hired new staff for this issue, I expected to see improvement in Edition X! I feel like they should take more time on these instead of ¨rushing¨ the weekly issue. These are not hurtful critics, they are critics that can be improved in the future. Show what a professional group would represent.

I'm disappointed.

When I heard Hidden Weekly, I was thinking that it was gonna be good. I wanted to read a full 3 pages about some of the cool stuff people have created on a nice background where you can flip through the pages.

What do I get: A bunch of pictures awkwardly placed on a random thread page.

Huge letdown! looks like it took about 20 minutes to make all of these, I was actually gonna apply but I didn't because I was expecting to have to write 5 pages every day, if it was one I'd be okay with it but I was DEAD wrong.

By far one of the saddest things I've seen created by such an amazing group.

Edited by Stratiz
Phrased werid

23 hours ago, Stratiz said:

I'm disappointed.

When I heard Hidden Weekly, I'm thinking it's gonna be good. I wanted to read a full 3 pages about some of the cool stuff people have created, on a nice background where you can flip through the pages.

What do I get: A bunch of pictures awkwardly placed on a random thread page.

Huge letdown! looks like it took about 20 minutes to make all of these, I was actually gonna apply but I didn't because I was expecting to have to write 5 pages every day, if it was one I'd be okay with it but I was DEAD wrong.

By far one of the saddest things I've seen created by such an amazing group.

Keep in mind that was the first post made by the new blog staff, we didn't have the normal amount of time, and we have certain guidelines we have to follow. We can't alter the code to make this website like Issuu or some other magazine posting company. Therefore, we must work with what we have. Not to mention, the blog itself was created about three months ago, meaning don't expect everything to be perfect quite yet. Trust me, I've personally tried countless times to make it a better reading experience and continue to do so. Standing still is not the way to change something, we must learn from our mistakes and move forward to create something better.