what jobs are in high demand?

Hey! What’s up it’s Elliot!

So what jobs or tasks are really up for high demand when it comes to roblox development?

A very common answer would be scripters and programmers, but that’s not all!

Let’s be realistic here, scripting or programming with LUA is extremely hard, and that’s why there is such a high demand for scripters... Plus, a game can’t work without programs or scripts. So scripters are for sure a job that is high demand!!!

Next up though, animators are high up on the list, most people don’t understand how to use the animator editor that roblox brings us... But to be quite frank, after a week of learning, anyone could do it!

Last but not least, particle creators and sfx creators, sound and particles provide a very good mood in a game, and you can’t afford to not have them... It’s quite easy to get into music production with free tools such as Sound Trap. Particle creation, just look up a roblox tutorial and mess around for a few weeks and you’ll get the hang of it!

Now, just because these jobs are high demand doesn’t mean they are the best! I’m personally a builder and I make anywhere from 20 to 350 USD daily, weekly, and monthly! Modeling is also a very good profession! If you have any questions DM me or ping me in the hidden developers community discord! I’m just your friendly Marketplace Intern, don’t be afraid to approach me!

I think one very underrated job is SFX designers and composers. Every professional game has a soundtrack or background music to it that is created specifically for that moment to immerse the player into the game. People don't realise how much time and effort goes into sound. Classical pieces and technical pieces require a lot of music theory which takes a long time to learn. I have been playing guitar for 8 years now. I'm constantly learning new techniques, methods and theory to go with it. I don't think a musician ever stops learning. I'm currently studying A-level music in the Uk and recently got verified as a music composer. You don't necessarily need all that time to learn how to do it, but a will power to experiment with software and if you are wanting to create good quality sound, a bit of money to get the software. 

There are only a hand full of music composers within Roblox but an extremely large amount of builders, GFX artists and scripters.

Edited by TheBritGuy
  • Love 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 6:46 PM, MP Staff | Elliot said:

Hey! What’s up it’s Elliot!

So what jobs or tasks are really up for high demand when it comes to roblox development?

A very common answer would be scripters and programmers, but that’s not all!

Let’s be realistic here, scripting or programming with LUA is extremely hard, and that’s why there is such a high demand for scripters... Plus, a game can’t work without programs or scripts. So scripters are for sure a job that is high demand!!!

Next up though, animators are high up on the list, most people don’t understand how to use the animator editor that roblox brings us... But to be quite frank, after a week of learning, anyone could do it!

Last but not least, particle creators and sfx creators, sound and particles provide a very good mood in a game, and you can’t afford to not have them... It’s quite easy to get into music production with free tools such as Sound Trap. Particle creation, just look up a roblox tutorial and mess around for a few weeks and you’ll get the hang of it!

Now, just because these jobs are high demand doesn’t mean they are the best! I’m personally a builder and I make anywhere from 20 to 350 USD daily, weekly, and monthly! Modeling is also a very good profession! If you have any questions DM me or ping me in the hidden developers community discord! I’m just your friendly Marketplace Intern, don’t be afraid to approach me!

No builders???

Definitely scripters and programmers, but sometimes (this may come as surprising) people spend so much time looking for scripters and builders they forget about artists and other side roles as well, until it's very late and you need to find one immediately. I don't know if other people have the same experience, but I definitely have needed a gfx artist last minute. And literally last minute.