[Petition: Change in Application Staff]

I agree completely! That's why I read only builder, music, DevForum, tester, YouTuber, streamer, exclusive, and a few more. I'm ok with UI and animator. I stay clear of anything that has to do with scripting because my knowledge of the Lua is very low and I don't want to review something I'm not strong in. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Seeker said:

Ja, I agree with this. I applied to be an Off Site Dev after I showed proof of 4 different languages and they declined me because of a damn website I own. I find that to be utter bullshit.

Zach is the only one who reads off-site dev applications. He is a god at coding so if he declined you it was probably for a reason. 

9 hours ago, MarkedTrades said:

I've noticed with some applications they are declined overs terms that are unlikely. Such as being called "basic", or "anyone can do it".

100% agree with this statement. Not anyone can accomplish the tasks given to them. They still need to learn to bypass the requirements.

Agreed. To be completely honest with you, I have read some applications and declined them because they did not meet up to my aesthetical standards. I was actively doing this during my early days as an intern, and on applications that I do not know how to really read, I still subtly do. The thing is, though, it turns out that the applications that I do not know how to really read, nobody else does either. And it's because I don't want the applications to back up, I do them anyway.

This problem shouldn't be blamed on the Application Readers themselves, but the process of selecting them. Maybe we should select application readers for specific applications, just like how Zach only reads off-site developer applications. Maybe we could also have a popular vote where the community selects whether or not an applicant should receive this role or not... who knows? It has been a problem that everybody knows was existing, but nobody wants to talk about it. Thankfully, this is Hidden Developers and we're open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for bringing it up from the depths of our minds to the surface. 

• Upvote 2

I'd just like to point out that application readers will only base their reasoning on accepting or declining an applicant because of how "advanced" it is if the applicant is applying to become an Exclusive Member. Normal applications just require a basic skill-set, and it really just needs to tell us that you can do what you applied for. Still, it can't be so vague that we actually question whether or not your application is legitimate or a troll. With Exclusive applications, you must prove that you are better-than-average at what you applied for.

On 12/9/2017 at 0:39 PM, Eriezalio said:

Support.

Also they are inactive.

Our application readers are very much alive, they have normal & daily lives just like everyone else and cannot devote all their time to applications

Also, finals are coming up, so yea.

54 minutes ago, CannonTear said:

There should be no complaining. 

Application Readers are there to assist. They have done plenty of assisting. Some people have to learn to be patient. In the every-day world it would take about a week to over a month to get a resume/application reply. Everyone supporting a change in staff needs to learn the act of patience. I do not support this petition. 

Cheers,

CannonTear

This petition is not pointing out the SPEED of an application being read, please go and re-read what we're petitioning against. Patience isn't going to solve what this petition is for. Thank you :)

However, just because an application reader is a builder, it doesn't mean that they must only do Builder applications. Our job is to just accept applicants that seem to know what they are doing (excluding Tester and Exclusive applications). If an application reader believes that you did not provide enough information for them to effectively evaluate your skills for the role you are applying for, it is at their discretion to accept or decline your application.

However, if YOU do not know what you're doing then you cannot decide whether or not they know what they're doing. It's like if a student was trying to grade a teacher on a test that they didn't learn any information for, it's basically a blind process. Considering not only do you not know the process it took to even create that, you now want to have the authority to judge something not even you can do.